There is always a solution to your problem if you are not happy with the appearance and health of your smile. In cosmetic dentistry, there are a wide range of dental procedures that can suit your specific needs to enhance the beauty, health and function of your teeth. Cosmetic dentistry goes beyond the restoration and enhancement of your smile’s overall look, it offers ways by which the overall quality of your life will be improved.
Cosmetic dentistry is referred to as the dental procedures designed to improve the appearance of your teeth, gums and bite. Its focus is on the enhancement of your teeth’s color, shape, position, size, alignment and their overall appearance.
What are the benefits offered by cosmetic dentistry?
- Cosmetic dentistry can correct and fix several flaws when it comes to the aesthetics of your teeth. These include concerns like your stained teeth, misshapen teeth, small chips, cracks, gaps, rugged lines etc. Procedures under cosmetic dentistry can also correct problems caused by infections, hereditary problems, illness, trauma, developmental abnormalities and many others.
- Cosmetic dentistry can make you look younger because it can provide a solution to your concerns that are brought about by aging. Examples of these are teeth discoloration and tooth erosion. This is because over the years, when a person is aging, the enamel becomes thinner, and exposing the dentin, the surface under the enamel. This makes the teeth look yellowish in shade. This is also the reason why the teeth become susceptible to erosion, it is basically because of the natural thinning of the enamel.
- Cosmetic treatments can enhance your career because these can make you feel good about yourself and you will feel more confident. If you feel positive and more confident, the more likely you will take on greater responsibility and leadership. You will also look and feel happier about your job and that means more motivation and dedication to your career.
- Some procedures and treatments under cosmetic dentistry can help prevent further damages to your teeth. There are certain treatments that are not only designed to improve your appearance, but these are also intended to stop further damage to better improve the health of your teeth. An example of this procedure is cosmetic tooth bonding.
- Cosmetic dentistry can help boost your self-confidence. When you get to have the appearance of your teeth improved, you will also be enjoying better self-assurance, and not only will you feel happy and satisfied when you look at yourself in the mirror, you will also feel confident and feel willing to socialize and make friends with other people.
- Cosmetic dentistry procedures are relatively easy to find. If you consider getting cosmetic dentistry treatments, you will not have a difficult time looking for it because there are already so many dentists who specialize in this field. You will not even have to travel far to be able to find a dentist to perform a procedure that you need for you.
- You have a shorter recovery time. Your recovery time will depend on the procedure performed for you but more often than not, cosmetic dentistry procedures do not necessarily take a very long time for healing. The success rates of these procedures are also relatively high.
- The effects of cosmetic dentistry treatments can last long. There are some procedures under cosmetic dentistry that can last for as long as 10 years especially when you are able to provide proper care for your oral health.
Here are some examples of cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Inlays and onlays. These are also known as indirect fillings which are normally used when a tooth has a slight decay or damage and there isn’t enough tooth structure to be able to support a filling. Inlays and onlays are made in a laboratory to be attached to the tooth’s surfaces.
- Composite bonding. Composite bonding is usually performed to repair damaged, decayed or discolored teeth using composite material that can blend in with the color of your natural teeth.
- Teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is the process of using whitening or bleaching agents in order to remove stains and discoloration.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, you can call Douglasville Dental Associates at (770) 400-0019 or visit us at 9579 Highway 5, Suite 701, Douglasville GA, 30135.