Dental Filling is a type of tooth restoration procedure that fixes teeth damaged by cavities that affect its form and function. It can be made of different materials such as gold, silver, composite, and porcelain which suits everyone’s preference. Douglasville Dental Associates provides painless tooth-colored dental fillings that can treat decay and other dental complications that can help ease the pain and discomfort the patient’s experience.
Fillings are used to repair the following:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Worn out teeth
- Teeth damaged by decay
How are Fillings Applied?
- A local anesthetic is used in the area which is around the tooth to be filled.
- Then, a drill or a laser instrument is used to remove the decayed part to avoid any further damage to the tooth.
- The dentist will thoroughly check for any remaining decays, bacterias, or any debris. Depending on the extent of damage in the tooth it might be required for the dentist to place a material to protect the nerves on the tooth.
- After the filling is placed, the tooth is polished correctly for finalization.
- Depending on the filling to be used like tooth-colored fillings, it requires additional steps for properly filling a tooth. The tooth-colored resin will be applied by layering and light curing to harden each applied layer. Once the layering is completed, the dentist will then sculpt the composite material to resemble the length, size, and shape of the natural teeth.
Why choose Tooth-colored Fillings?
- Improves confidence. Since the tooth can be restored to its cavity free and natural looking appearance, patients can smile confidently to their heart’s content.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Due to its natural looking color and form the dental fillings restores the teeth’s function without compromising its look. It blends in perfectly with the surrounding tooth without anyone noticing.
- Safe for the Teeth. Tooth-colored fillings do not expand compared to amalgam fillings that can put pressure on the tooth when in contact with changes in temperature.
- Restored the Tooth’s strength. Since tooth-colored fillings are bonded to the teeth, it does restore not only its appearance but also its strength and function.
- No discoloration. Tooth-colored fillings do not cause discoloration to the tooth on which it is attached compared to amalgam fillings that tend to change the color of the teeth over time.
- Long lasting. With proper dental hygiene, tooth-colored fillings can last long with the patient’s proper care and ethical practices.
- Preserves more of the natural tooth structure. Unlike metal base fillings, tooth-colored fillings do not require excessive tooth removal. Areas with decay or damage will be the only partially removed; this helps maintain the tooth’s strength and structure.
Dental Filling is an ideal and effective dental treatment that can restore a tooth that has been damaged or broken. Tooth-colored fillings have several benefits that patients can consider when deciding on what type of dental fillings to get.
Get healthy and cavity-free teeth with our Dental Fillings in Douglasville. Book an appointment at Douglasville Dental Associates.