Missing a tooth or two has proven to be bothersome to anyone. People may be practicing proper dental hygiene and care, but some factors may cause tooth loss. The factors may be teeth malocclusions which may harbor bacterias that could cause damage and accidents or injuries which comes unexpectedly. Dentistry has developed treatments which can restore missing teeth but it is not that comfortable to wear, or it may not look natural.
Thanks to the ever-evolving technology in dentistry, now comes a treatment which improves not only the teeth’s appearance but also its overall function. Douglasville Dental Associates takes advantage of this advancement to provide better service for patients in the form of Dental Implants.
Dental Implants Defined
Dental Implant is a type of metal post which is usually made of titanium which is surgically placed into the patient’s jaw bone. The implant can serve as the missing tooth’s root that would hold the replacement teeth securely in place. One characteristic of Implants which makes it advantageous is its Osseointegration properties. Osseointegration is the natural formation of a bond between the bone and the implant post.
This occurrence further secures the implants which can guarantee its stability and durability. Depending on the number of teeth to be replaced the implants can either hold a crown, bridge, or even dentures. In a single tooth replacement, a single implant can hold a crown in place. For multiple or entire teeth replacement, bridges and dentures are the best option instead of getting one implant for each tooth. The number of implant posts to used depends on the prosthetic to be used, its position, or the bone structure of the patient.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- The materials used for the teeth replacements attached on the dental implants are tooth-colored. It is to make sure that the fake teeth would resemble the surrounding healthy structures for it not to appear out of place.
- Aside from using tooth-colored materials, the fake teeth are also durable to restore not only the appearance but also the teeth’s overall function.
- Thanks to Osseointegration, it serves to strengthen the foundation of the implants to the jaw bone, making it a natural structure on the mouth.
- Dental implants immovability provides comfort and convenient to patients.
- It lets the patient practice their normal and proper dental hygiene and care practices since the implant supported teeth appears to be as natural as the other teeth.
- Patients can enjoy the foods they love without the restrictions compared to dentures.
- Dental Implants provides natural looking and beautiful teeth, which helps in boosting the patient’s confidence. It not only helps in the physical well-being but also to the mental well-being of patients who wanted to have beautiful smiles.
Dental implants have gained its popularity due to its advantages compared to other dental treatments. With proper dental hygiene and care, they are guaranteed to last for a lifetime.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Douglasville, GA. Schedule your appointment with Douglasville Dental Associates. We are located atDouglasville Dental Associates 9579 Highway 5, Suite 701, Douglasville GA, 30135.