Dental Implants are one of the popular dental treatments nowadays. Its popularity is due to the benefits it can provide to patients who need their teeth restored. Not only does it rebuild the lost tooth structures it also prevents bone loss, gum recession, and the deterioration of the facial structure.
Missing teeth if left unattended can cause other dental complications such as infections, diseases, and tooth loss. Our goal at Douglasville Dental Associates is to provide the best possible dental treatment for our patient’s to enjoy their healthy and beautiful looking smiles!
How Do Dental Implants Works?
Implant posts made of titanium are surgically placed on the patient’s jaw bone. It serves as the roots of the missing teeth to hold the dental prosthesis to be placed such as crowns, bridges, and dentures. These dental prostheses are made from durable, tooth-colored materials. It is to ensure that they would look, feel, and function as the natural teeth.
Dental Implants are composed of Three parts:
- Post (to serve as the roots)
- Abutment (connects the post to the artificial; teeth located in the gum line)
- Crown (the fake teeth to serve as the replacement)
The common misconception about Dental Implants is that the procedure is too painful. The truth is, it is a less invasive procedure compared to conventional bridges which require teeth preparation by grinding some of the teeth’s enamel. The grinding of the teeth is necessary to make way for the crowns to provide stability and durability for a conventional bridge.
Why Are Dental Implants The Best Solution For Restorations?
- Dental implants are made of Titanium material which is proven to be durable.
- Dental implants are almost as strong as the natural teeth.
- The procedure offers a permanent teeth replacement solution compared to other treatments offered.
- A dental implant is the only dental treatment which promotes bone growth through Osseointegration. Osseointegration is the process where the implant post forms a natural bond with the bones, promoting bone growth and creates a durable foundation.
- The success rate of the procedure is high which makes it an ideal solution for teeth restoration.
- More and more people prefer dental implant procedure for the maintenance of their overall dental health.
- Implants are developed to mimic the entire teeth structure from the roots to the crown.
- Preserves more of the teeth’s healthy structure by eliminating the need for support from other healthy teeth.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Douglasville, GA. Schedule your appointment with Douglasville Dental Associates.