Having regular dental checkups as well as dental cleanings is essential. You might think that regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing will keep your mouth healthy, but those are not enough. Good dental hygiene practice is okay, but regular dental visits for checkups and cleanings are better for early detections and preventions of problems
What is a Dental Cleaning?
Dental Cleaning is a procedure done at a dental clinic and is performed by a dental hygienist. The procedure is for the removal of hardened tartar (mineralized plaque) that build up in the areas of the mouth that are hard to reach by toothbrush or floss. The procedure includes thoroughly cleaning of each teeth to make sure that every food debris, plaques, and tartar are properly removed.
Benefits of Dental Cleaning
- It prevents cavities. Since it thoroughly cleanses the areas of the teeth, it removes the factors that can cause tooth decay. Food debris can create an acidic substance that could little by little eat away your tooth enamel. If this is left untreated, it may lead to cavities.
- It stops Tooth loss. The condition could occur due to gum disease which is known to be a major cause of tooth loss for adults. Gum disease will cause the plaque to move further down the tooth to its roots; if this occurs, it will damage the bone in your jaws that can cause the tooth to loosen and fall out.
- Whiten your teeth. A dental cleaning can remove the stains on your teeth caused by different factors like drinking coffee, tea, wine, smoking cigarettes, and any other foods or drinks that can cause teeth staining.
- Freshens breath. Practicing good oral hygiene can help you prevent having bad breath. Having regular teeth cleaning is an excellent way of keeping your teeth and gums healthy and odor free.
What is a Dental Checkup?
A Dental checkup is a procedure done by a professional in a dental clinic which ensures each patient to be aware of the current status of their overall dental health. It consists of different dental procedures that are guaranteed to let you and your dentist know if you are in need of other preventive or restoration treatments.
Benefits of Dental Checkups
- Evaluation of Overall health and dental hygiene. The dentist would be able to assess your current dental hygiene practice and will be able to give you advise on how to brush properly, floss, and rinse. They would also be able to assess your overall dental health so that they can recommend you proper procedures that can help you with your current condition.
- Early Detection. Dental Checkups will enable you to be aware of anything that is currently happening with your overall dental health. With that, you can take immediate measures for treating current problems and prevention of any further complications.
- Check for any bite or jaw issues. The dentist would check the status of your mouth structure, and with it, they would know what type of dental procedure is best suited for your condition.
- Demonstrate proper care and cleaning for your teeth, dentures, or other dental prosthetics. They would demonstrate the proper procedures for cleaning and care for healthy teeth as well as ensuring the longevity of your dentures and other dental prosthetics.
- Taking of Dental X-rays. The procedure detects problems beneath the surfaces of the mouth that are not usually visible.
Dental Cleanings and Checkups are both essential for your overall dental health. Prevention is always better than cure, and it is great to remember that good health starts with you.
You deserve outstanding dental care services. We offer Dental Cleaning and Checkup Services in Douglasville. Book your appointment with us at Douglasville Dental Associates and let us help you achieve a beautiful and a healthy teeth! Call us at (770) 400-0019. We are located at 9579 Highway 5, Suite 701, Douglasville GA, 30135.