Tooth Extraction is a dental process of removing or pulling a tooth out from the socket of the alveolar bone. It is performed by a licensed professional to prevent the after effects and consequences of having a severely damaged, broken, injured, or traumatized tooth. It cannot be denied that although the permanent teeth are meant to last a lifetime, extractions are still possible. Here at Douglasville Dental Associates, we provide Teeth Extraction Services to help our patients achieve healthier and better dental health.
Follow these do’s and don’ts procedures for a faster healing process.
What to Do
- Follow the dentist’s prescriptions and recommendations to for pain relief and make sure to stick with the given dosage.
- Leave the gauze pad as it is which has been placed over the extraction site. It is best to follow the recommended length of time advised by a dentist. The gauze helps control the bleeding and promote the development of blood clot in the extraction site for faster healing period.
- Make sure to elevate the head when lying down
- After the numbness had subsided, eat only soft foods such as pudding mashed potatoes and yogurt.
- Drink plenty of water. Make sure to apply an ice pack to the side of the face where the extraction was performed to prevent swelling.
- Book a follow-up appointment with the dentist for regular check-ups and monitoring.
What Should not be done
- Avoid sucking on candies, spitting, or sucking on a straw to avoid complications.
- Avoid brushing or flossing next to the extraction site for it may affect the condition of the newly extracted site and may dislodge the blood clot.
- Avoid rinsing the mouth as well. Although it is good to maintain the mouth as clean as possible, not using mouthwashes will ensure that the blood clot is properly developed and is not disturbed.
- Do not use or smoke tobacco for at least 72 hours.
- Avoid vigorous and strenuous activities to reduce bleeding.
- Avoid any carbonated drinks, hot beverages, moreover spicy foods.
No matter how healthy a person is, and the teeth are, they should visit their dentist for regular consultations, checkups, and cleanings to ensure that their overall dental health is maintained. Tooth loss is preventable only when people practice proper oral hygiene and a healthy lifestyle paired with meticulous tracking of their dental health. For a relaxing, calm and pain-free extractions, Douglasville Dental Associates offers Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia too.
Looking for a safe and pain-free procedure? Book an appointment with us. Douglasville Dental Associates has a caring and dedicated staff to help you feel pleasant during your Tooth Extractions in Douglasville, GA.